[geeks] Ubuntu partition on Bootcamp Mac?

Jon Gilbert jjj at io.com
Tue Jul 31 06:04:00 CDT 2007

On Jul 31, 2007, at 3:36 AM, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> Personally, if I knew someone who was an SL'er and was really
> involved, my opinion of them would probably go down.
>
> Unless, like some of the marketing or "research" teams in big
> companies, they had managed to convince management that it was a
> "cutting edge Web 2.0 thing" and they basically got new titles and
> new offices for playing around in SL for the next 12 months.
>
> Then I would be appreciative of their social engineering skills (but
> questioning of their work ethic).

Ah yes, those pesky people who work in new technologies... they're
really just lazy brown-nosers trying to play games all day! It's only
REAL work if it has good old 2D graphics, like a regular web page! If
it's in 3D or anything, then it must be a game... or even... pr0n!

It's not even about SL, it's just about the 3D internet. This is
where technology is going; SL is just the ground level or first
iteration of that.

-
Jon Gilbert
PGP fingerprint: 7FA9 B168 73CA A698 DD9E  2DF2 EE1A 3E73 3119 741F