[geeks] Ubuntu partition on Bootcamp Mac?

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Tue Jul 31 05:36:07 CDT 2007

On Jul 31, 2007, at 3:15 AM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> It's a dressed-up plotless virtual world that happens to have a
> faddish
> economy around it.  That is, it is an amusement with cashflow.

Personally, if I knew someone who was an SL'er and was really
involved, my opinion of them would probably go down.

Unless, like some of the marketing or "research" teams in big
companies, they had managed to convince management that it was a
"cutting edge Web 2.0 thing" and they basically got new titles and
new offices for playing around in SL for the next 12 months.

Then I would be appreciative of their social engineering skills (but
questioning of their work ethic).

--Patrick