[geeks] Ubuntu partition on Bootcamp Mac?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Jul 28 18:11:13 CDT 2007

On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 02:06:04PM -0400, Eric Railine wrote:
> It depends on what features you want.  If you want base ESX (no
> VMotion, no Virtual Center, no shared VMFS, etc.) an ESX 'starter'
> license is $1k list, which means you can get it for more like
> $800-900.  That pricing is for 2 physical CPUs (cores are irrelevant).
>  If you want more CPUs or add on the extra features then goes from
> there up to about $5800 per 2 CPUs list for 'full' ESX functionality.

Just the Virtual Center stuff, AFAIK, was around $5K (but I dont know if
that was the software or the software AND the machine to run it on).

We have two clusters, each with two nodes (16G RAM, 4 64-bit CPUs each) and
a VirtualCenter machine to handle the load balancing/failover/etc.  Storage
is all iSCSI and NFS from a NetApp cluster.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas