[geeks] installing raw OS images using PXEboot

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jul 26 17:03:57 CDT 2007

I need to install raw OS images to the first drive in some X86 hardware.

All of the machines (a dev box and a 2U server) can pxeboot.

What I need is a pxeboot program that can boot the machine and just raw
write an image file of my choice to a drive of my choice.

Does anyone know how to do that?

I've tried writing my own pxeboot scripts, but I can't get anything to
work.

Any ideas appreciated.

I'm going to try a few things again, but I'm pressed for time and was
hoping to find a "plug in the values for your image here and boot it."
kind of option.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto