[geeks] Moving Stuff

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 25 20:21:13 CDT 2007

>From: Brian Dunbar <brian.dunbar at liftport.com>
>Date: 2007/07/25 Wed PM 05:30:27 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] Moving Stuff

>I am sure this has come up before, what with people on this list sending
>a lot of stuff to and fro ..
>
>My aunt is moving from Bend, Oregon to Fort Meyers, Florida.  She has
>around 1,000 pounds of 'stuff' to move, and her wee little Ford Focus
>might not be up to the task of towing that much over the Rockies.*
>
>A local shipper quoted her $3,000 which seems a bit much.

Allied van lines has a "ballpark estimate" of $1,200 transportation charges from Bend, OR (zip 97701) to Ft. Meyers, FL (zip 33902) for 1,000 pounds, light amount of furniture, and both locations capable of handling 13 fooet, 6 inch tall truck...

Allied is just an example - I have no reason to recommend them over any other moving company, and I would assume other companies (United, Mayflower, etc.) would be close/similar...

Lionel
Ken