[geeks] Moving Stuff

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 25 20:14:19 CDT 2007

>From: Brian Dunbar <brian.dunbar at liftport.com>
>Date: 2007/07/25 Wed PM 05:30:27 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] Moving Stuff

>I am sure this has come up before, what with people on this list sending
>a lot of stuff to and fro ..
>
>My aunt is moving from Bend, Oregon to Fort Meyers, Florida.  She has
>around 1,000 pounds of 'stuff' to move, and her wee little Ford Focus
>might not be up to the task of towing that much over the Rockies.*
>
>A local shipper quoted her $3,000 which seems a bit much.

I wonder what the actual quote was for - are the shippers picking up packed boxes and simply delivering them to FL? That quote sounds like they are packing and unpacking the items.

I'd contact a conventional moving company and see if you can secure a "big wooden box" to put all her belongings in, then the moving company simply picks it up, schedules it on to different trucks (never having to touch any individual items, dealing with the whole lot in one big box) ultimately arriving in FL.

Conventional moving companies should be able to give her quotes pretty easily. Heck, I bet FedEx Gound could match that price ;^)

Lionel