[geeks] Hello?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jul 18 11:42:55 CDT 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:15:37 -0400
Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net> wrote:

> The local cinema does not charge extra for digital ... at this time.
>
> What I would really like to see is the ability to bring back classics
> easily and inexpensively for projection.
>
> E.g. Monday Night Classics for $4 each (they would make it up in
> snacks) with Casablanca cleanly transferred and projected.  Digital
> storage would allow this to be easily done.

Technology has not been keeping this from happening, and isn't what will keep
this and other good things from happening in the future.

The same things that limit what we get to see, keep us from seeing things we
like again in theaters, and so on are the same same things that keep anything
in the media world from making sense or properly serving the customers.

This is without mentioning how copyright holders wantonly violate the two-way
street requirement that is the basis of copyright law.

(grumble)

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto