[geeks] LTO tapes

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jul 11 16:09:12 CDT 2007

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:17:48 -0400
Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> I ordered two LTO1 tapes from Computer Giants.  They shipped me LTO2
> tapes.  It took me three and a half weeks, two emails and three phone
> calls to get an RMA from them, and the small print on the RMA says
> they're going to charge me a 15% restocking fee for THEIR mistake.
>
> Anyone have two new LTO1 tapes lying around and want to trade them for
> two brand-new Sony LTO2 tapes?  Be damned if I'll let these asshats take
> more money out of my pocket to fix their own mistake.

Here is what I would do:

If I used a credit card, I would dispute the charges.  Credit company usually
will at least put the money in escrow to force the other side to negotiate.
I've done this several times to pressure vendors to do the right thing.

If you used some other method, see if you can formally dispute the
transaction.

The basic idea is to at the very least, make them lose too, which usually
means they will deal with it.

Other than that, bitch at them and refuse to accept their answer.  Call the
BBB in their area, and tell them you'll file a complaint with the local
commerce or FTC office.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto