[geeks] Laptops taken out of the U.S.

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Jul 3 00:53:52 CDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 12:24:23AM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> They do--they're just not internal anymore.  The catalogue number is
> MA034Z/A.

Is that the infamous USB modem? I understand there are lots of problems
with it. It may be a moot point anyway, is the French telephone system
compatible with U.S. modems?

> That may be the case overseas, but the case with -all- Apple products
> I've owned was that I've always had my equipment back in 2 - 3 days in
> the case that the machine has to be shipped off, and several hours later
> if I can have a local service shop repair the system.

That was the point of my post. :-) Shel was going to buy one in the U.S.
and take it to France.

> The only company I've ever seen with better service is IBM, and that's
> on their midrange RISC systems.

Their mainframe support is even better. :-)

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838