[geeks] Vista cost

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jan 29 12:54:25 CST 2007

Brian Dunbar wrote:
> Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>> From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>>> Date: 2007/01/28 Sun PM 04:49:30 CST
>>> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [geeks] Vista cost
>> <nip>
>>
>>> Now imagine having to do that on a critical server, or even a personal
>>> situation where delay hurts you, or maybe you don't even have the
>>> ability to authorize the new machine for whatever reason.
>> Thankfully, Vista is not a Server OS :^)
>>
>> Lionel
>
> The minute I read that I had visions of legions of small biz owners
> using their new Vista PC as exactly that.  Fast machine, big hard drive,
> share a few directories on the local network .. what's the harm?

...and then someone will think, "Wow, that new graphics engine would
really spruce up the patient monitor displays in ICU and the surgical ward.

...and then someone will prod some ignorant Pentagon paper pusher by
saying: "Hey, imagine how much more efficient your command and control
could be with Vista, and how much better your weapons control displays
would look using DirectX 10!"