[geeks] Vista cost

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Sun Jan 28 23:10:32 CST 2007

Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>> Date: 2007/01/28 Sun PM 04:49:30 CST
>> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>> Subject: Re: [geeks] Vista cost
>
> <nip>
>
>> Now imagine having to do that on a critical server, or even a personal
>> situation where delay hurts you, or maybe you don't even have the
>> ability to authorize the new machine for whatever reason.
>
> Thankfully, Vista is not a Server OS :^)
>
> Lionel

The minute I read that I had visions of legions of small biz owners
using their new Vista PC as exactly that.  Fast machine, big hard drive,
share a few directories on the local network .. what's the harm?

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

GMT -6
this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod