[geeks] nerd reading for a Friday night ... old-skool waxed twine lacing

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Sat Jan 27 22:34:48 CST 2007

On Jan 27, 2007, at 11:25 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> What, you mena when one company made sure all devices were compatible,
> engineered to work together, and when something didn't work, you only
> had one
> number to call - you mena then?

They had DSL in the mid-80s, couldn't figure out why anyone would want
it.

They patented a method for terabit speed networking over fiber years
and years ago... but didn't see why anyone would use it.

I remember reading about ISDN in 1993 and early 1994, couldn't reach
anyone at Bell Atlantic/Verizon who could figure out how to sell it to
me.

etc. etc.

--Patrick