[geeks] nerd reading for a Friday night ... old-skool waxed twine lacing

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Jan 27 01:16:17 CST 2007

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 01:53:26AM -0500, James Fogg wrote:
> You need an old-school key system or small PBX with 2500 and 500 hybrid
> station cards. The phone company will only see one tiny ringer load
> equivalent to an electronic phone ringer, but you'll be able to ring
> many phones, even magneto-coil/chime ringers.
> Lets see -
> <partslist>
> Typical Ebay price? $50.00 plus shipping.
> Unknown photocopy costs to reproduce my system programming book.

I would *love* to do this, but I'd have to rewire all my phone jacks...
Would be easier to just put wifi-to-ethernet bridges everywhere I
have a phone, along with an ATA and run Asterisk (or pay someone
to properly run cat5 in the walls).

but then this runs into the wife's (justifiable) statement that
"the phones work fine, don't go fucking with things"

bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas