[geeks] nerd reading for a Friday night ... old-skool waxed twine lacing

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Sat Jan 27 00:53:26 CST 2007

> Neat!  It works fine plugged into my POTS line.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't have more than one "real bell ringer"
> 2500 set on my line (I have an avacado green 500 rotary set
> in the kitchen), or my DSL craps out when the phone rings.

You need an old-school key system or small PBX with 2500 and 500 hybrid
station cards. The phone company will only see one tiny ringer load
equivalent to an electronic phone ringer, but you'll be able to ring
many phones, even magneto-coil/chime ringers.

Lets see -

An Iwatsu ZTD system chassis.
CPU/Hiway card
-48V power supply
System power supply
DTMF generator card
Ring Generator card
4 or 8 port line card
2 or 3 8-port analog station cards
1 8-port digital station card
Serial Data Card (for programming via PC, we are geeks after all)
1 Operator's console phone
Some digital phones

Typical Ebay price? $50.00 plus shipping.
Unknown photocopy costs to reproduce my system programming book.