[geeks] Case locks & ATX power adapters

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Jan 26 09:24:08 CST 2007

Thu, 25 Jan 2007 @ 22:23 -0600, Lionel Peterson said:

> >From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
> >Date: 2007/01/25 Thu PM 06:34:09 CST
> >To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> >Subject: Re: [geeks] Case locks & ATX power adapters
>
> <snip>
>
> >Questions:
> >
> >Do you mean the motherboard has a 24-pin EATX connector?
>
> No.
>
> >Or do you mean it has a 20-pin ATX, and a separate 4-pin connector close
> >to the CPU?
>
> Yes, 4 pin by CPU - providing VCORE for CPU is what the manual said. The MB
> has an 8x speed AGP and 2x PCI slots, nor PCIe.

Do the extra 4 pins of an EATX 24-pin connector supply power than can be
used there?

I thought that the voltages and amps were different, but maybe not.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [Well, I have entered the "metallic years."
Silver in my hair, gold in my teeth, lead in my ass... -- Sheldon Hall in