[geeks] Case locks & ATX power adapters

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 25 22:23:52 CST 2007

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2007/01/25 Thu PM 06:34:09 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Case locks & ATX power adapters

<snip>

>Questions:
>
>Do you mean the motherboard has a 24-pin EATX connector?

No.

>Or do you mean it has a 20-pin ATX, and a separate 4-pin connector close
>to the CPU?

Yes, 4 pin by CPU - providing VCORE for CPU is what the manual said. The MB
has an 8x speed AGP and 2x PCI slots, nor PCIe.

>24-pin EATX is designed to supply extra 12V rails to the motherboard and
>PCIe slots and the extra 4 pins aren't the same as the 4-pin secondary
>near the CPU.
>
>Some interesting power supply links that might have good information and
>help you find part numbers to search for:
>
>http://www.pcguide.com/ref/power/sup/partsMotherboard-c.html
>http://www.hardwarebook.info/Category:Connector#Power_Supplies
>http://pinouts.ru/pin_Power.shtml
>http://ssiforum.org/specifications.aspx#powerSupplies
>http://www.formfactors.org/FFDetail.asp?FFID=1&CatID=2

Thanks, looks like I found a source (kinda) locally - microcenter.com has a
store in my area, and the 4 pin drive conector to ATX 4 pin connector appears
to be about $2 (but $3 in tolls to and from the store, plus milage)... I'll
probably pick up a couple tomorrow.

Thanks,

Lionel