[geeks] Job searching and recruiters

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 20:40:10 CST 2007

Sometimes companies that you've submitted resumes too will pass them on to
recruiters in return for a discount in their services.

Or - more and more likely, the recruiter has a deal to be the exclusive
recruiter for whatevercompany. They simply enter your resume into their
database and then you start getting hits that way from keywords in your
resume.

The upshot is that you should at least listen to their offers - the bulk of
them are going to be crap, or not even in your field of expertise.

Rick