[geeks] Case locks & ATX power adapters

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jan 25 18:34:09 CST 2007

Thu, 25 Jan 2007 @ 14:37 -0600, Lionel Peterson said:

> Also, I have 20 pin power supplies I want to use for small MBs, with a 20+4
> power connector (meaning the 20 pin connector is physically seperate from the
> 4 pin connector). I've seen 20 pin to 24 pin adapters, but haven't found any
> where the 4 pins "snap off" - modern power supplies have this, but I cant
> find an adapter that un-snaps.

Hard to find, but I think perseverence will reward you.  I have
misplaced my main electronics catalog which had a lot of ATX/EATX
connectors.

(dig dig dig dig)

Sorry, can't find it.

Questions:

Do you mean the motherboard has a 24-pin EATX connector?

Or do you mean it has a 20-pin ATX, and a separate 4-pin connector close
to the CPU?

24-pin EATX is designed to supply extra 12V rails to the motherboard and
PCIe slots and the extra 4 pins aren't the same as the 4-pin secondary
near the CPU.

Some interesting power supply links that might have good information and
help you find part numbers to search for:

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/power/sup/partsMotherboard-c.html
http://www.hardwarebook.info/Category:Connector#Power_Supplies
http://pinouts.ru/pin_Power.shtml
http://ssiforum.org/specifications.aspx#powerSupplies
http://www.formfactors.org/FFDetail.asp?FFID=1&CatID=2

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains are
scattered far, Truth is a fixed star, Eileen aroon!" -- Gerald Griffin]