[geeks] SATA on G4 Power Mac (bootable?)

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jan 24 18:10:05 CST 2007

Wed, 24 Jan 2007 @ 16:42 -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke said:

> I would expect so.  When I upgraded my QuickSilver from its onboard IDE
> to a SATA controller, the system suddenly became much more responsive.
> I can't say how much of that was a newer controller versus a newer
> drive, but the overall combined upgrade was well worth it.

I'm still considering a mirror door G4 system as a daily "work" desktop,
and I'd want to upgrade the drive system.

How can I find out which SATA controllers the Mac can boot from?

I don't care if CD/DVD is on IDE, I just want SATA for the hard drives.

Did you run your SATA cables from the card, under the motherboard, to
the drive bays?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I wish life was not so short. Languages
take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about." - J.