[geeks] DST change costs

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jan 22 19:20:10 CST 2007

Mon, 22 Jan 2007 @ 17:31 -0700, Dan Duncan said:

> On 1/22/07, Doug McLaren <dougmc at frenzied.us> wrote:
> > Either way, I'll bet the overall costs of this change ARE substantial.
>
> What, you mean more than the energy savings by adding an hour of
> daylight every day for 2 weeks?
>
>  (mutters something about worthless bastards in Congress)

What I read about this is that no matter what Congress says the change
was for, energy had nothing to do with it.

The claim I hear is that Madison Avenue is the primary driving force
behind this one.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Work for something because it is good, not
just because it stands a chance to succeed." -- Vaclav Havel]