[geeks] New 2.5" SCSI HDs???

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Sat Jan 20 09:25:47 CST 2007

On Jan 20, 2007, at 4:43 AM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> But would it really be more expensive?  Isn't it possible that it would
> actually lower costs to have a single interface standard?

I can't really answer this question, because I don't know.  But don't
you think that a large computer OEM that hires people to know this kind
of stuff, would have chosen the cheapest implementation? If a cheap or
easy unification were possible, I think it would have been pushed for.

> There should also be additional savings by no longer having to split
> your R&D and production resources between two different interfaces.

Not really the computer OEM's problem - that's Seagate's problem as far
as they are concerned :-)