[geeks] DST change costs

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Thu Jan 18 23:38:08 CST 2007

From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
> Thu, 18 Jan 2007 @ 06:38 +0000, wa2egp at att.net said:
>
> > On most of those watches you can shut off the DST and then change the
> > time manually.
>
> On mine, there is no time setting at all. It is fully automatic. You
> have some recessed buttons and all you can do with them is set the time
> zone and a couple of other features.
>
> I've only messed with a couple of watches and one clock, and I didn't
> see any way of turning off DST on them.
>
> I've tried to get more information on mine in terms of exactly how it
> works and if it will be OK, but there really isn't much hard info.

I have a "table" clock that can turn it off.  There is a DST on the
display that indicates it's turned on.  I believe my watch does too
but since it's not summer, it has the DST indicator off.  I'll have
to check but that involves first fining the instructions and second
finding a magnifying glass to read them. :)  IIRC, I did turn it off
during the summer and the hour changed accordingly.

Bob