[geeks] Recommendations on Wiki software

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 20:06:51 CST 2007

On 1/17/07, Ido Dubrawsky <idubraws at dubrawsky.org> wrote:
> I'm working on setting up a Wiki (where I've discovered my wonky DNS and I'm
> looking at how to sort it out -- anyone willing to be a secondary for me?) and
> I'm looking for recommendations on wiki software.  I've currently got WikkaWiki
> setup while I'm developing the site but it's got a few issues that I don't like.
> What's the consensus on MediaWiki?  The site will eventually have pages, video
> files, and other information (FYI -- I'm trying to document and "codify" the
> Kenpo Karate style I'm learning as my black belt thesis).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wiki_software

http://www.wikimatrix.org/

I haven't looked at wiki software with multi-media in mind, so I can't
speak to your specific question.  But those two matrices, especially
the second one, are very good for getting a straight foward comparison
of features.

Good luck with your hunt--
=Nadine=