[geeks] Air filter material?

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 19:49:28 CST 2007

On 1/9/07, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 10:32:10PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > I just found this:
> > http://www.computerairfilter.com/Filter_materials.htm
>
> I ended up going to the local 24-hour Kroger, getting a $6 24x16x1" air
> filter (pleated), tore it out of the cardboard frame, then formed the
> material into a "C" shape and taped it to the bottom of the iMac.
>
> Its ugly, but will work for a week or two until I order this kit:
>
> http://www.sidesol.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SDSE&Product_Code=FK50&Category_Code=F
>
> It will fit nicely (and unobtrusively) on the bottom of the
> machine and let me remove it and wash when necessary.

The original material on the .jp web site looks like non-woven
interfacing material used to provide "body" to shirt cuffs, collars,
and similar.  It's cheap, can be cut to fit exactly, and is white to
match the iMac.  You could easily get 10-15 strips out of .5 yd of
material, and that should be <$5.  I'd used light-weight double-sided
3M tape to attach it.  It comes in various weights (for various
stiffnesses of collars/weights of material used to make your garment),
so getting the lightest weight would be best, I'd think.

I think this will be an addition to all the PC's in Vegas...the dust
here is a creeping menace.

=Nadine=