[geeks] Air filter material?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 10 08:44:24 CST 2007

>From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>Date: 2007/01/09 Tue PM 11:47:31 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Air filter material?

>On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 10:32:10PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
>> I just found this:
>> http://www.computerairfilter.com/Filter_materials.htm
>
>I ended up going to the local 24-hour Kroger, getting a $6 24x16x1" air
>filter (pleated), tore it out of the cardboard frame, then formed the
>material into a "C" shape and taped it to the bottom of the iMac.
>
>Its ugly, but will work for a week or two until I order this kit:
>
>http://www.sidesol.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SDSE&Product_Code=FK50&Category_Code=F
>
>It will fit nicely (and unobtrusively) on the bottom of the
>machine and let me remove it and wash when necessary.

Just curious,does this mean you have bought into the "second hand smoke is killing my Mac" suggestion from the nameless Apple "Guru"?

I'm going to Apple later today to have a "Guru" help me with my new MacBook Pro - it "sees" my WiFi network (lists SSIDs, has good signal in menu bar, etc.), but reports no connectivity to Intenret, while other computers access fine. I rebooted cable modem and cable router to no avail. It gets a DHCP address, but even if I manually supply TCP/IP info it doesn't work (Fixed IP, hard-code gateway, subnet, and DNS server)... I suspect bad hardware - we'll see.

Lionel