[geeks] Lomo/Holga photography

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Mon Jan 15 06:38:42 CST 2007

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 02:13:45 -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> OK, just so she knows what she is getting into.
>
> Seems to me that there are some attachments you can put on an SLR
> that will incur the same defects/aberrations as the Lomo/Holga
> without having to buy a separate camera.

I was trying to recall the name of one last night and it came to me
this morning. The lensbaby (http://www.lensbabies.com/) is a selective
focus lens that offers some of what the Lomo/Holga do ... and more as
you can move the sweet spot around.

Apparently some of the Lomo colour comes from using the 'wrong'
films ... develop slide films as prints and visa versa.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 Most politicians think that "ethics" is a county in the south of