[geeks] Another data point re: Apple Support

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 12 11:56:53 CST 2007

>From: "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net>
>Date: 2007/01/11 Thu PM 11:57:57 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Another data point re: Apple Support

>On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> 3) Send it in to CA for repair, with a 5-7 buiness day turn-around...
>
>I don't know if they were quoting you that estimate based on parts
>availability, but my experience with Apple has been that I send them
>hardware and get it back 2-3 business days later.

I suspect it won't take that long, I think they are quoting worst-case and hoping I'll explore local options...

>It's even better when they can send the parts into my local Apple
>Certified Technician, where I can drop the laptop off one afternoon and
>pick it up the following morning.

My local tech can't touch it for two weeks (100 systems ahead of mine in the queue), the quickest route appears to be shipping it back (I just got the DHL mailer today, I'm gonna send it out Monday, as I want to play with Boot Camp a bit more ;^).

Lionel