[geeks] See Windows Vista

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Wed Jan 10 09:48:21 CST 2007

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 01:11:01AM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Tue, 09 Jan 2007 @ 15:37 -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo said:
>
>> On Jan 9, 2007, at 3:29 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone checked this site out yet?
>>>
>>> http://www.seewindowsvista.com
>>>
>>> I'm not sure what is more sad: that a company is dishonest enough to
>>> imply that Vista made these kinds of applications possible, or that
>>> people might be dumb enough to believe it.
>>>

>> Meanwhile, the actual innovation of the iPhone was announced today.
>> Sync your phone easily with your OSX machine.
>
> Didn't they also announce @TV, or is that old and I just noticed?

Apple TV was announed previously as an upcoming product, they'd
tenatively named it iTV, but admitted it was a bad name and would
probably be changed.

The phone was purely rumor until it was announced yesterday.

> Looks like Apple's version of Tivo.

TiVo doesn't download content off the net.  The Apple TV is more like a
video iPod attached to your TV for viewing (If it's on iTunes, it's on
TV).

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org