[geeks] WANTED: AMD64 3700 CPU for socket 754

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jan 8 15:09:11 CST 2007

I would like to upgrade my old socket 754 system with an AMD64 3700 CPU.
It has an older 3000 NewCastle CPU right now.

The stores online want $200 for these, which I think is far too much.

Anyone know of a good source for them with a reasonable price?

My socket 754 can never be upgraded in any meaningful way, so I'm
maxxing it out in preparation to use it as my main x86 desktop for
another year, and plan to keep it until it falls apart after that.

It's not that the CPU is much of an upgrade, it's just that I probably
won't be able to find the parts later, and I'm sure this machine will
run for years.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["If you tell the truth, you don't have to
remember anything" -- Mark Twain]