[geeks] Type II PCMCIA CardBus question

Ido Dubrawsky idubraws at dubrawsky.org
Mon Jan 8 05:02:14 CST 2007

I have the T-Mobile Total Internet plan for my cell phone and the
T-Mobile rep (the corporate rep not the guy at the store) told me that
he would just add my GC89 card to my currently existing plan without
additional cost.  I've heard from others that using your cellphone as a
data modem (either through USB or IR) sucks (at least for GPRS, I
haven't heard the situation with EDGE -- which I presume is much better
and EVDO just rocks,  Verizon however is not my provider).  I was just
surprised that the Toshiba Tecra M4 had a 16-bit Cardbus slot rather
than a 32-bit one given that the damn thing can't be more than 2 years
old in design.

Ido

Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP                    E-mail: ido at dubrawsky.org
Network Security Architect                      idubraws at siliconsec.com