[geeks] Backlight issues - should I use AppleCare?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jan 8 14:12:19 CST 2007

Sun, 07 Jan 2007 @ 17:52 -0600, Lionel Peterson said:

> TAR buildup? WTF, I never saw any limitation regarding smoking round
> an Apple computer before... The guy is trying to prove something, and
> I can't belive Apple as an organization will stand behind that
> decision.

I would understand if it went *dark* and he said the smoke coating had
caused overheating of some component. I've seen smoker's crud cause
overheating in several systems.

But to make a bright spot... that's very odd.

In any case, you don't have to go any further than the fact that he made
his decision without even looking.

If smoking damaged the computer, most of the time it will be heat
releated (or otherwise a buildup issue), and you can see it.

He didn't even check before making that claim.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["If you tell the truth, you don't have to
remember anything" -- Mark Twain]