[geeks] Got a nice desktop case today...

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Feb 28 09:19:38 CST 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 08:10:52PM -0600, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Without feet it is 3U tall, on purpose.

Are you aware of optional rack ears, or is it too back heavy for that to
be practical?  Is it small enough to fit nicely in a 3U shelf without
haveing to have extra space above it?

> This case was designed to fit in an audio rack/under a TV and "fit in"
> - it was designed to be quiet and accomodate "most" media PC
> applications. For example, a microATX MB has three PCI slots and an
> AGP slot, there are vents on top of the AGP vent to increase airflow
> for the video card. Three PCi slots give you dual tuners and an add-in
> audio card (if needed), along with a discrete AGP video card.

I wish I could find more cases for reasonable money that were really
meant for an audio rack.  But, it seems to me that such cases should
actually be rackable then.  And they should be shallow enough to not
require rails.  Most server cases require rails to be supported
properly, but a lot of audio racks can't accomodate rails.

> Flip through the whole article and look at the pictures - they really
> show the inside of the case well (the fellow that wrote the review
> consulted with Antec ont he case design)...

The pictures don't make it look like ears are an option.  Phooey.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/