[geeks] solaris compatibility tool

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 27 22:33:38 CST 2007

>From: Francois Dion <francois.dion at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/02/27 Tue PM 04:38:35 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] solaris compatibility tool

>I just noticed that Sun has a Java web start application to test
>hardware compatibility with the newly released Solaris Express
>Developer Edition (Feb 07). Let me bore you with the details:
>
>http://solarisdesktop.blogspot.com/2007/02/how-compatible-is-your-computer.html
>
>Actually, it is quite short, because I'm blogging in 3 languages
>(please be lenient with my Spanish). I figured this would be a good
>way to improve my vocabulary.

FYI, Apple Boot Camp WinXP installation, running the above tool shows Audio, Ethernet, WiFi, and something else (labeled "Unknown" are unsuported), though you can download a driver from www.marvell.com for the Gigabit Ethernet connection.

Not sure how much, if any, the Apple Boot Camp drivers are altering the tools ability to identify the system components...

Lionel