[geeks] Got a nice desktop case today...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 27 16:16:09 CST 2007

Went to my local Micro Center store in PA, and on an impulse got a new desktop case, an Antec NSK 2400 (see http://www.silentpcreview.com/article591-page1.html for more than you ever wanted to read about a case!). I thought it looked good, and with their sale that was going on, it was $87, which, for an Antec case w/ 380 Watt power supply, is, IMHO, a pretty good deal.

I can't decide what to put in the case, either the Asus MB & the 2.2 GHz Opteron from my upgraded Ultra 20 (BTW, the dual core Opteron 165 is still going strong, no problems to-date, touch wood), or a low-end 775 socket MB with one of the Intel 631 Pentium 4, 3.0 GHz CPUs... (I plan to run Solaris x64 on it)

Anyway, the review says, and I agree, this would make a fine media center PC case, esp. given the price of $80-100 incl. a nice PS. I didn't really appreciate the triple chambers of the case, but now that I'm looking at it, it looks nice.

Anyway, thought others here might be interested - one further point about this case that makes it interesting, is that it ONLY takes microATX MBs (9.6" x 9.6"), despite being an otherwise full size case.

Lionel