[geeks] Secure network filesystem questions

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 14:28:10 CST 2007

On 2/22/07, Micah R Ledbetter <vlack-lists at vlack.com> wrote:
> I currently have a Solaris Express machine (Sun Blade 100) sharing
> 500GB of storage via NFS.

Slow box, but ok.

http://blogs.sun.com/Maddy/?cat=SunCluster&date=20061117
That's with kerberos, although with v4 it is not the only solution.

Might look into NFS over ZFS too:
http://blogs.sun.com/roch/entry/nfs_and_zfs_a_fine

zfs share (filesystem name) is basically all you have to do.

You can use ACLs too.

Or you could use samba instead.

Re-reading over your email, do you want both authentication and
encryption of all content?

Francois

 I'm on a pretty open network (one house