[geeks] An NFS conundrum (solved)

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Feb 19 15:51:38 CST 2007

" From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
"
" Cymru's work laptop (XP) is almost more of a problem on that score right
" now, because of Microsoft's stupid workgroup/domain model.  It never
" occurred to those blithering inbeciles that you might want to be able to
" connect to Domain FOO at one location and Workgroup BAR at another, on
" the same laptop, so there appears to be no way to do it without blowing
" away the domain information and rejoining the domain every time you
" switch locations.  But I'm working around that (I hope) by using SFU3.5
" and using NFS to access the network shares from her laptop as well.

on a slight tangent, i've been musing on compiling wine under sfu, so
that windows progs can be run - in vm jails yet - without that buggy
unstable win32...