[geeks] pci express x8 video card?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 13 18:22:14 CST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 16:34, Francois Dion wrote:
> Looking for an nvidia video card that is pci express x8, if there is
> such a thing? All I see is x1 or x16. Anything x4 or x8?

What do you have that has a 4x or 8x slot?

There are some (others posted links, including Matrox[0]) that are 1x,
but 4x/8x seems pretty odd (based on my exp.) for a video adapter.

I've seen 4x and 8x RAID cards, 1x network cards, and 16x video cards -
are you sure your BIOS/board supports 4x/8x video - PCIe is pretty hit
or miss on many things...

Lionel

[0] http://shopmatrox.com/usa/products/datasheet.asp?ID=815