[geeks] Dual Core Rules: your bugs will run twice as fast

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 12:55:38 CST 2007

On 13 Feb 2007, at 16:33, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> I would say that Safari sucks approximately equally.  Apple claims
> that
> they are now going to get serious about cleaning it up and
> stablizing it
> though.

Oddly enough in the week of using Safari on my Mac Pro I've have no
issues with the Universal Binary, however I always used to get
lockups/slowdowns/crashes on the same version of the PowerPC binary
on my iMac G4. The speed discrepancy probably has a lot to do with
it, maybe it's just that it needs plenty of CPU resources (RAM is not
really an issue on either machine) to work well. I know the
JAvascript engine especially has maxed out an entire core on my Mac
Pro processing a lengthy script in Wordpress.

Personally I think web browsers get a lot of flack for the inability
of may web designers (myself included) to code stuff right. Sure they
have issues, Firefox has it's memory leaks, Safari crashes from time
to time, Opera is just... Opera... The stem of the problems though is
the lack of understandable guidelines and set-in-stone rules for this
stuff. It makes web development, and subsequently also writing a
browser, a flaming nightmare. Standards are great, ain't they??

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>