[geeks] Dual Core Rules: your bugs will run twice as fast

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Feb 13 11:33:29 CST 2007

Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 12:55:37AM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
>> Of course, I see the same thing out of Firefox and Thunderbird on all
>> platforms.  Variations in exactly how they waste resources, but the end
>> result is generally the same.
>>
>> The sad thing is that everything else sucks worse.
>>
>> Well, I've heard good things about some of the Mac browsers, but I
>> haven't played with them much.
>
> I would say that Safari sucks approximately equally.  Apple claims that
> they are now going to get serious about cleaning it up and stablizing it
> though.

Well, it's based on Konqueror or at least the engine in it, so I imagine it
has the same problems.

> I haven't tried Opera or any others on OS X.

I hate Opera myself.  Whatever its merits, it is just broken and annoying
enough that I can't stand using it.

> On Linux I would say that Konqeror also sucks equally.  I find it handy
> to use both instead of just one.

Konqueror lacks critical features, and I hate the whole idea of a WWW and file
browser being the same application.  A few changes and I could use it more.

It sucks to use bookmarks, because it mixes them all together.

There are other problems similar to that and otherwise related to the duality
of the program.

In general, I don't like heavy integration anyway.

First thing I do in Gnome and KDE is turn off all of the annoying "open in the
browser" crap.  I *HATE* double clicking a file and having it open in the file
browser.

--
shannon / Well, I have entered the metallic years.  Silver in my hair, gold in
-------'  my teeth, lead in my ass...  -- Sheldon Hall