[geeks] nerd reading for a Friday night ... old-skool waxed

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Feb 1 12:41:51 CST 2007

Bryan Fullerton wrote:
> On 1/30/07, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone remember their bang-path?
>
> In 1994, when I switched from UUCP to The Internet, it was
> uunet.ca!cspace!bryanf.
>
> Until a couple of years ago, bryanf at cspace.uucp still delivered to me
> from any UUCP-connected node, with gts.org doing UUCP<>SMTP for the
> last hop.
>
> Luckily the Internet remembers everything. Below is one of my first
> entries in the maps.
>
> =====
> #N      cspace
> #S      Intel 486DX; SCO Unix 3.2v4
> #O      Cyberspace
> #C      Bryan Fullerton
> #E      cspace.comspec.com!bryanf
> #T      +1 416 422 5533
> #P      92 Parklea Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M4G 2J8
> #L      43 40 N / 79 30 W city
> #R      Home system only - mail/usenet/C programming
> #U      comspec.com
> #W      bry... at cspace.comspec.com (Bryan Fullerton);Thu Dec 24 19:15:00 EDT 1992
> #
> #
> #
> #                                       RATE    TIMES           NEWS
> cspace  comspec.com
> cspace  = cspace.comspec.com
> cspace  comspec.com(DIRECT)             #V32    24h             Partial

Neat.

I can't find any of my map entries, but I did find the entries for two
of the local machines that I used.

My ISP never was in the maps: they just acted as an SMTP->UUCP gateway
for me until about 2002.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["That which is overdesigned, too highly
specific, anticipates outcome; the anticipation of outcome garantees, if