[geeks] 24 inch monitors

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 18:02:42 CST 2007

> I can't afford an IPS LCD panel, so I'm compromising and getting a
> nice PVA display, which seems to be a good compromise.
>
> The only two choices I've seen which look like what I want are:
>
> NEC 2470WNX: http://tiniuri.com/f/jlc
>
> ...and the Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP-HC: http://tiniuri.com/f/klc

The Dell is an ok monitor. For my money though the color tends to drift way
too much if that is as important as you say it is. I have to re-calibrate
the ones at work on a monthly basis. I can't speak for the NEC since the
only other brand we use is Apple.

Although I will admit that there was a recent lot of the Apple 23"s that had
a very bright white spot directly in the middle after the monitor warmed up
for 24 hours. Apple replaced all those for me and haven't had problems
since.

Rick