[geeks] small LCD monitor needed

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Dec 21 18:26:26 CST 2007

On Dec 21, 2007, at 2:50 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Those tend to have really low resolution, I imagine, and I'd
> personally only want a 1024x768 screen, but then I tend to manage
> through GUIs, not CLI...

All I really need is a text display, so it can be "low" resolution.

It would be nicer if resolution was higher, but the primary purpose is
to give a PC a console, since the stupid things don't have proper
serial console support.

> Just to put different spin on it - what about a small laptop? I've
> got an older P233 laptop with a 10.4" 1024x768, actual serial port
> (Dell Inspiron 3000) laptop? Not sure what kind of console you need
> (command line or GUI), but that could be an option.

I need a VGA LCD and a keyboard... standard PC video console.

I think that's bloody stupid in 2007 with gigabyte sized boot ROMs,
but hey... that's what we get.

(grumble)