[geeks] small LCD monitor needed

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Dec 21 13:04:53 CST 2007

On Dec 21, 2007, at 1:50 PM, Dan Sikorski wrote:

> Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> We'll see.  I think I'm going to have to punt until after the
>> holidays
>> anyway.
>>
>> What I really want is a 10 inch with almost no border.
>>
>> The problem is after you pass 15 inches, they start climbing rapidly
>> in price.
>>
>> I was in the store Wednesday and most of the cash registers and
>> miniPCs scattered around the store had 10 inch VGA LCDs with stands,
>> made by IBM.
>>
>> If I could find them, they are probably $400 each or something.
>>

> Grab a broken laptop with a good display and hack up a stand, power
> supply and connector?

Well, if I had that time, that would be an option.

I'm afraid I'd end up with something unreliable and ugly.  Most laptop
internals seem ill suited for mounting in and on metal project boards,
etc, the only thing I'd know how to use.

However, that does give me an idea for another display project I have
where I will be mounting the display and it won't matter if it is
exposed and ugly.

Thanks for the idea.