[geeks] small LCD monitor needed

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Dec 21 12:33:05 CST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007, at 9:29 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>> From: Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>> Date: 2007/12/18 Tue PM 10:05:59 CST
>> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>> Subject: [geeks] small LCD monitor needed
>
>> I need a very small LCD monitor to use as a system console for PC
>> servers.
>>
>> The smaller and cheaper, the better.
>>
>> Anyone know of any good sources?
>>
>> Most of the sites I've hit so far are selling units at $200 and up,
>> and ideally I'd be $100 or less.
>>
>> Used is fine.
>>
>> I don't have room for most of what I find on sale anyway.  15" is
>> pretty much the maximum size.
>
> Shannon,
>
> Small LCDs tend to have big swaths of plastic surrounding them.
>
> I've got an extra 15" 1024x768 analog-only LCD I'd part with, it's a
> Planar FVT1503Z. It has a wall wart and audio in, with some minimal
> speakers installed inside the panel. It also has a 1.5" border
> surrounding the panel. It is on a stand and in very good condition
> (electrical and physical), but I am not sure if it has a VESA
> mounting plate on the back. The monitor can swivel to portrait
> orientation, but I've never used that feature.

We'll see.  I think I'm going to have to punt until after the holidays
anyway.

What I really want is a 10 inch with almost no border.

The problem is after you pass 15 inches, they start climbing rapidly
in price.

I was in the store Wednesday and most of the cash registers and
miniPCs scattered around the store had 10 inch VGA LCDs with stands,
made by IBM.

If I could find them, they are probably $400 each or something.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com