[geeks] small LCD monitor needed

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 19 08:29:46 CST 2007

>From: Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2007/12/18 Tue PM 10:05:59 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] small LCD monitor needed

>I need a very small LCD monitor to use as a system console for PC
>servers.
>
>The smaller and cheaper, the better.
>
>Anyone know of any good sources?
>
>Most of the sites I've hit so far are selling units at $200 and up,
>and ideally I'd be $100 or less.
>
>Used is fine.
>
>I don't have room for most of what I find on sale anyway.  15" is
>pretty much the maximum size.

Shannon,

Small LCDs tend to have big swaths of plastic surrounding them.

I've got an extra 15" 1024x768 analog-only LCD I'd part with, it's a Planar FVT1503Z. It has a wall wart and audio in, with some minimal speakers installed inside the panel. It also has a 1.5" border surrounding the panel. It is on a stand and in very good condition (electrical and physical), but I am not sure if it has a VESA mounting plate on the back. The monitor can swivel to portrait orientation, but I've never used that feature.

It is very similar to this model:

http://www.planar.com/products/docs/CBU/archive_manual/Manual-FWT1503Z.pdf

BUT, it does not have any built-in USB hub.

If interested, drop me a note - I'm sure I can ship it to you well under your hoped-for $100 limit.

I got it a while ago and it has sat spare for a long time - it has seen minimal use (less than 200 hours I'd say)...

Lionel