[geeks] OTA tuner with ethernet?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu Dec 20 10:17:56 CST 2007

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 10:17:28AM -0500, Francois Dion wrote:
> Are there any ATSC tuner out there that can record to a network share?
> That way I can record to ZFS storage (I dont think there are any PCI
> tuner cards that work under Solaris, is there...).

There is this:
http://bt848x.sourceforge.net/

But none of those are ATSC tuners, just NTSC (and maybe PAL) tuners.

Are you looking for a device that has UHF/VHF in and Ethernet out?  Are
you looking for a windows device?

Whether you can record to a network share is an issue of the quality of
your network and the software doing the recording.  Unless this is a
stand alone recorder, or a recorder that somehow requires you to use
their software instead of open source software, you should be able to
fix it up to work over a network.

I think that MythTV can already record to a distant network drive, but
I'm not a MythTV user.