[geeks] Sun Java WS W2100z Fan Replacement (and other animals)

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 17:32:19 CST 2007

I just got my paws on a Java Workstation W2100z from a fellow listee
(cheers Gaz! :) ) and the main system fan in the back is making that
nasty 'my bearings are crapped out' noise. It's odd because it's as
clean as a whistle. Anyhow I punched the part number (a DELTA
Electronics AFB1212SHE) into Google and found it's the same one Apple
had a ton of problems with the bearings collapsing in on the MDD G4s,
to the extent they issued free Replacement kits for a while.

I'd like to replace it with something comparable, that's able ,to
handle the variable speed, and that's quiet-ish (i.e. sensible for
continued use sat up on a desk, but it doesn't have to be silent).

Also if anyone has any gems of info for grappling with a HP 9000 B2000
Vizualize workstation they'd also be much appreciated :)

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>