[geeks] End of the line for CompUSA

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Sat Dec 15 13:54:17 CST 2007

From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net>

> >From: hike <mh1272 at gmail.com>
> >Date: 2007/12/13 Thu AM 08:05:06 CST
> >To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> >Subject: Re: [geeks] End of the line for CompUSA
>
> <snip>
>
> >the discounts should deepen as the close date gets closer.
>
> And the selection will stink very soon - anything with real value will hold
> it's value until the very end (i.e. laptops will see minimal discounts, and
> most will be "open box", the sealed laptops having been sold off to a third
> party (the Mfg.?). What is intersting is the complete garbage they'll pull out
> of the back of the store (like old PII desktops, etc.).
>
> That is what it was like when the Princeton, NJ CompUSA closed earlier this
> year.

I'll agree with this.  Same thing happened in the store in Springfield, NJ.
The only thing that I got as a real deal was my Canon Rebel XTi camera for
about $600.  The first one was partially fried and they gave me a new one.
They tried to dump the busted one and had only one box in the display.  When
I returned, they had three more in sealed boxes. Gotcha! :)

Bob