[geeks] End of the line for CompUSA

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Dec 13 20:06:49 CST 2007

>From: hike <mh1272 at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/12/13 Thu AM 08:05:06 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] End of the line for CompUSA

<snip>

>the discounts should deepen as the close date gets closer.

And the selection will stink very soon - anything with real value will hold
it's value until the very end (i.e. laptops will see minimal discounts, and
most will be "open box", the sealed laptops having been sold off to a third
party (the Mfg.?). What is intersting is the complete garbage they'll pull out
of the back of the store (like old PII desktops, etc.).

That is what it was like when the Princeton, NJ CompUSA closed earlier this
year.

Eventually I c=scored some discounted PCI cards (USB, SATA, etc.) for about
half their stupid prices, but it wasn't until they almost closed for ever when
they got a serious discount.

Lionel