[geeks] Opinions on T-Mobile and Verizon

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 15:38:26 CST 2007

Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I wonder how powerful the inpcar "on star" and other phones are...
>
> Anyone ever look at using one of those phones as their mobile phone?

I suspect OnStar is normal "cell" (CDMA/TDMA/GSM) + Satellite cell
phone.  Given the $$ and their advertising that it works everywhere, I
can't imagine it's otherwise.

Satellite cell phones ran about $4/min back in '00--one of my bosses had
one for his sailing trips with his family--for use as the communication
channel of last resort.

=Nadine=